Affordable Rate Program
Valley County Water District (District) is pleased to offer an Affordable Rate Program to customers who meet certain income requirements. Residential customers who qualify for a reduced rate through the Southern California Edison or Southern California Gas Company California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program may qualify for a discount of $10 off fixed charges per billing period on their water bill.
For your household to be considered for eligibility, submit your completed application with required documentation to the District. Applications will be considered on a first come first serve basis contingent on availability of funds.
- If the application is approved, the discount will take effect within 60 days after the date of approval.
- If the application is not approved, you will receive a letter from the District clarifying the decision of ineligibility.
Participants must reapply on an annual basis.
What Counts as Income
Total gross income is all revenues, from all household members from whatever sources derived, including but not limited to:
- All employment-related non-cash income
- Income for self-employment
- Public assistance payments
- Rental income
- Salaries and other employment-related compensation
- Social security and pensions
- Spousal and child support payments
Income Requirements Chart
Effective June 1, 2017 to May 31, 2018.
|Number of Persons Living in the Household||Maximum Total "Gross Household Income" from All Sources|
|1 to 2||$32,480|
|Each additional person add $8,360|
Source: California Public Utilities Commission Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program.
- One must be applicant’s primary residence.
- One must qualify for Southern California Edison’s or Southern California Gas Company’s CARE program.
- Total gross household income cannot exceed the amounts shown on the previous "Income Requirements Chart". These amounts will be updated annually, based upon the approved limits set by the California Public Utilities Commission for the CARE program.
- One must be a District residential customer and receive water through a 5/8-inch or a 3/4-inch water meter.
- One must provide verification of household income if requested
- One may not be claimed as a dependent on another person’s federal or state income tax return.
- One must reapply each time you change residence.
- One must notify the District within 30 days if you become ineligible.
- The discount is not transferable to another resident or property.
If you would like more information or assistance with the application process, please contact the District office.