Disconnecting Utility Service

Are you moving out of your residence or business building? Make sure you call to have your water utility services disconnected so other owners and/or tenants occupying the property do not continue to use the service while it remains in your name. You will be responsible for all services provided until the account is closed and finalized.

Disconnecting Service

Until further notice, to disconnect your water utility service, call the Valley County Water District office at 626-338-7301. Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Customer name
  • Date of water utility service disconnection
  • Driver’s license for customer account verification
  • Forwarding address
  • Telephone number
  • Water utility service address
  • Water utility service account number

Final Reading

Your service order to disconnect water utility service will be processed on the date requested. A Valley County Water District representative will obtain a final read from the water utility service meter, and a final closing bill will be processed for services rendered through the disconnection date.

Service Deposits

Service deposits will be refunded as a credit to the account and applied against any services rendered. Service deposits applied in excess of services rendered will be refunded in the form of a check payable to the customer listed on the utility service account.

Outstanding Amounts Due

Amounts due in excess of the service deposit will be mailed to the customer listed on the utility service account for payment.